Feeling stuck lately in your health journey lately? Or wondering why it feels so hard to lose weight? Or struggling with reaching a positive body image?
These 10 body positive affirmations are going to help set you on the right track by helping you achieve your health goals.
Before we dive into the 10 affirmations; I think it’s important to take a look at WHY and HOW we put them into practice.
Why do we say or write affirmations?
Let’s start with the very basics here: what exactly is an affirmation?
Affirmations are positive phrases or statements we declare as truth. The focus here is on the positivity. Affirmations can help us overcome self-sabotaging thoughts, or in other words, negative thoughts.
Saying or writing out these positive (key word there) affirmations not only puts an energy out into the Universe that we believe these to be true. But it also gets our minds on board that these statements are also true.
You know that old saying, “you can do anything you put your mind to?” Well, that’s 100% the case with affirmations.
Once our minds are on board, there’s no stopping them. So with positive affirmations, we’re re-wiring our brains to get on board with where we want to go.
How do we practice affirmations?
This part is quite simple.
All you need to do is either write or say aloud your positive phrases or statements.
However, the hard part can come into play with getting our minds on board with what we’re saying. Especially if we’re having a hard time believing them as truth. If we’ve never thought them to be true in the past.
For example, if you have always believed it’s been hard for you to lose weight and phrases like:
- It’s impossible for me to lose weight
- I’ve tried everything but it’s like nothing ever works for me
- I’m just always going to have chunky thighs and flabby arms
- I hate the way I look in the mirror
You’re starting to get the point. And are probably continuing to list off a whole bunch of other things you dislike about your body.
Those phrases have run through your brain for, likely, years. So of course it’s going to feel really hard to get on board with a positive phrase like, “I easily lose weight and it happens at a natural pace for my body.”
What we want to do here is start to convince our brains of this new truth. Start by saying something like, “I’m starting to believe that it’s easy for me to lose weight. When I eat the foods I love without guilt or shame, I’m able to reach a healthy weight for my body.”
The “I’m starting to believe” part is important here. It will really start to get your brain on board with these positive affirmations.
So if any of the body positive affirmations listed below seem really hard for you to get your brain on board with, just start out with “I’m starting to believe.” When you’re getting closer to that feeling like a real phrase, something you believe, then you can begin to say it as a statement.
10 Body Positive Affirmations
1. I am grateful for my body. I show it love and respect every day by feeding it nourishing foods and providing it with movement that fits my lifestyle.
2. My body is a gift I cherish.
3. Weight loss comes easily to me and when I am in-tune with my body it will help me reach my ideal weight.
4. My body deserves food each and every day, regardless of what I ate the day before.
5. My weight does not define who I am as a person. I get to be happy every day in my own skin.
6. When I eat the foods I crave and love and I enjoy them and the people I’m with, weight loss happens easily.
7. My (insert body part) is so beautiful, and I am grateful to it because (insert why)
8. I am a confident woman who is worthy of being loved by myself and others.
9. It doesn’t matter what I wear, because my confidence comes from the inside. I am so happy with the person I am on the inside that it can’t help but show on the outside.
10. My body is beautiful just the way it is. Because I love and cherish my body now, any weight loss that happens is just a bonus.
What to do next with these 10 affirmations
Okay, how good does that feel to say or write these body positive affirmations?
Do you see how much better it instantly makes you feel about your body? And where you’re starting your journey from?
Curious on how to take this to a much deeper level and see the results of these affirmations much quicker? Come join my 1:1 six week intensive.
This is for the woman who’s ready to break free from self-doubt and body image struggles.
Working with an expert coach who’s BEEN where you are (hey 👋) and understands what it’s like to not feel like yourself. To not knowing who to turn to with those feelings. It means that you’ll have someone in your corner who gets you.
Who’s going to help you transform your life from constantly hating what you see in the mirror. Or avoiding shopping because nothing fits like it should. Or wondering when your body is going to get back to “normal”.
So that you can finally feel sexy AF in a tank that shows off your arms. Or jean shorts that make you wanna pop that booty. Or just go shopping and like what you see (bad lighting be damned).
If you’re ready for that ☝️ then book in a pressure free 20 min Body Freedom call with me to see how we can begin to transform your mindset and create a positive body image together.